We are in the middle of a busy performance week - 7 roadshows for local schools with Jazz band, Irish band, Feedback and school leaders ... plus a ukulele and Irish gig for Fitzgerald Living Rest home. These have been lots of fun and great experience for everyone.
Open Night Music Wed July 3rd 6-8pm
6pm-6.50pm in the hall:
- RTK, Orchestra, Choir, Jazz Band, Uniform Parade and Pasifika
6.50pm - 8pm in the Performing Arts Block:
- 6.50pm Jazz Band
- 7.10pm Jazz Combo
- 7.30pm Marimba (and some ukuleles) in the media room
- 7.40pm Irish Band
- 7.50pm Feedback (rockband)
- Sound tech guides (hall)
- Hands on Computer Music (Computer Music lab)
- Recording studio
- Hands on Instruments (itinerant rooms)
NZSO Concert opportunity
NZSO and Colin Currie Concert
The Bold Worlds concert in the CBS Canterbury Arena on Wednesday 10 July at 7.00pm. It will be an exciting concert with world-renowned percussionist Colin Currie back in New Zealand for the Southern Hemisphere premiere of a new Concerto for Solo Percussion and Orchestra, Sieidi, by Finnish composer Kalevi Aho.
In Aho’s concerto, Currie explores the different timbres of the percussionist’s armoury - darabuka, tom-toms and snare, marimba, wood and temple blocks, vibraphone and tamtam - in a work that is lyrical and brilliantly rhythmic.The NZSO have a Student/Accompanying Adult Discount - $10/$20 – which can be booked through NZSO Client Service 0800 479 674. Or let Mrs Bell know by filling out the form on this page: http://chisnallwoodmusic.wikispaces.com/Orchestra
You can find lots of information, videos and links about the concert and Colin Currie here: http://www.nzso.co.nz/concerts/concert/bold-worlds/
Combined Concert with visiting guests, ACG Parnell CollegeThursday July 11th, 7pm Chisnallwood Hall
- Combined orchestras and groups of Parnell and Chisnallwood. (More details to come next week)
- Guest sax quartet "The Hall Quartet" (all ex-Chisnallwood national finalists).