All itinerant lessons have rolled over into term 2 and it's wonderful seeing the progress being made. Practice makes all the difference. If students struggle to find a place to practice at home, please note there is some space available before and after school if students want to book in time to practice at school. Please remember to let the music office know if your students can't make a lesson for any reason. Remember students may join the orchestra any time they are ready.
The orchestra is looking forward to playing in the school production in June.
In the holidays we had a great sound tech training course where 15 students had visiting experts in the field helping teach all about sound and light and how to use our gear safely and well. This included learning how to operate our new digital mixer for the hall.
We also had a fabulous jazz day combined with Halswell school students where we played jazz together and had visiting jazz experts to help with sectionals, then we all went to a workshop at Orange Studio with tutors from the NZSM jazz programme.
- Tuesday May 5 CHOIR sings to visiting teachers at school
- May 8th is closing date for any students who wish to sit a theory exam on June 20
- Sat May 9th IRISH BAND perform at TRADE AID on Papanui Road for World Fair Trade Day
- Friday May 15 1.30-2.20pm Rock and Acoustic at Aranui Library
- Wed May 20 7pm Parent Rock Night at Chisnallwood
- Sat May 23 Rockquest competition
- Tuesday May 26 Choir and Ukes 11.15-11.40 at Aranui Libary
- Wed May 27 Sing-off in the school Hall 12 noon for NZ Music Month Hook line and Singalong
- Friday May 29th Jazz and Irish 3 performances - school, Aranui Library and Shirley Library
You can find the Hook, Line and Singalong song at http://menza.co.nz/
stickytarday/and get practicing!
The house that sings it best on May 27 wins lots of house points! Judges on the day are the president of MENZA, Celia Stewart and our vocal programme leader, Ravil Atlas.
Keep an eye on www.chisnallwoodmusic.org.nz for music updates and timetables.
A concert this weekend with special deal tickets:
Monday April 27th 4pm at St Margaret's College
Michael Houston with the Rodger Fox Big Band
Special price tickets available from www.bigbandfest.org.nz